diffamp with Vcc = 0

Or production.

Good so far.

Should correctly be

Then you spoil it. The watt hour is a quantity of work, equal to 3600 joules.

Watts = work/time, hence watt/hour would be energy per time squared - joules per (second squared *3600). Not a lot of use for that.

Correct, quantity of work. Named after the 18th century English brewer who first measured the mechanical equivalent of heat. His brewery cellar was the ideal, probably the only, place at the time with a sufficiently uniform temperature over time to enable the experiment. His results were surprisingly accurate.

                                       (Richard Feynman)
Reply to
Fred Abse

OK, 948 posts on electronics.....

over 10,000 posts on how bad everyone else is.

So about 10% about electronics and over 90% other.

Statistics tell the true story.

Reply to
hamilton
[snip]

Done. ...Jim Thompson

-- | James E.Thompson | mens | | Analog Innovations | et | | Analog/Mixed-Signal ASIC's and Discrete Systems | manus | | Phoenix, Arizona 85048 Skype: Contacts Only | | | Voice:(480)460-2350 Fax: Available upon request | Brass Rat | | E-mail Icon at

*gasp*

It's all over, folks.

Civilization has no officially come to an end.

But what about the children? ;)

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

Reply to
Phil Hobbs

*gasp*

It's all over, folks.

Civilization has no officially come to an end.

But what about the children? ;)

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

Reply to
Phil Hobbs

The Pecksniffian echo is now stuttering... posting the same tripe twice ?:-) ...Jim Thompson

knows

I see smoke!

Jamie

Reply to
Jamie

Lets see if I can remember this correctly...

1 J = the work with 1 Newton over 1 meter, or something like that. it's been a while.

Jamie

Reply to
Jamie

people

AlwaysWrong!

Oh! Oh! What have I done? Generations of future Engineers will miss being saved by Jim's web site, will be lost to Fine Arts.

Boy, that Thompson guy sure knows how to get even.

A good start would be you learning to read >:-} ...Jim Thompson

Correct.

Joule probably worked in feet, pounds, and Fahrenheit, back then. Tanks of water, paddles, and falling weights. Very small temperature rise.

Rumford started it off, boiling water, boring gun barrels.

                                       (Richard Feynman)
Reply to
Fred Abse

And remember this..

1000g of figs = 1 FigNewton!

Ok, that's a bad one..

Jamie

Reply to
Jamie

More like the force from ~100g* under normal gravity.

  • ~101.9716
Reply to
Spehro Pefhany