DeLorme Harvard and MIT

I work at DeLorme and saw your post. I have been visiting colleges with my son and was pleasantly surprised to see that I could find them all by simply typing the name into the QuickSearch Find. Both Harvard and MIT are there (as well as labelled on the map) in Street Atlas USA 2006 so you must be doing something wrong. Please try again.

Also of possible interest,in the Map Features tab of the new Options box along the top toolbar in SAUSA06, you can turn on and off various features, including minor places of interest. We allow this to let people clutter or declutter their maps based on their own preferances.

Hope this helps.

Reply to
DeLormeguy

Woweeeee! MIT is a MINOR POI (point of interest) and, unless you place the crosshair on the DOT (the only thing showing unless you zoom in to 14.0 or tighter), you don't even know it's there, though MIT covers from Amesbury to Ames, and Memorial Drive to Vassar.

(I graduated in 1962, I know the area rather well :-)

While I have your attention, in the Phoenix area, where ARE the completed portions of Loop 101 and Loop 202 and SR 51? I can see no difference between SAUSA05 and SAUSA06. Zoom to 8.5 in each version, center at Scottsdale Road and McDowell. What's different? NADA!

I also note that Philadelphia shows at many zoom layers earlier than Phoenix, though we're larger. You even show Albuquerque and El Paso at less zoom than Phoenix ;-)

I won't be spending anymore money on SAUSA.

...Jim Thompson

They won't get any more of my $ either. They have totally eliminated support for Mac computers. Not only is there no support for OSX, the idiots don't even support the earlier systems now.

I like MS Streets & Trips that wife has on her PC laptop. I can run Windows

2000 on my Mac laptop, but S&T runs much to slow to be satisfying.

Don

Reply to
Don Bowey

How up to date is S&T? On business trips it's very disconcerting to find streets and highways that are not mapped.

...Jim Thompson

I really don't know how up-to-date it is, but I haven't found any gaps yet. As with SA6 when I first got it, it can find addresses without streets present, as though plotted from planning documents.

One of the things I especially like about S&T is the way it handles pins. You can update the text, remove pins, and change the type of a pin. In SA6 once you put a pin on a map, it's there for life.

Reply to
Don Bowey

Not really

martin