DC motor controller 24 V, 30..50 A

I'm looking for DC motor controler,

24 Volts, 30 .. 50 A.

A PC should control the absolute position of the angle of the motor. I'm not sure, but I think in general this is called a servo system.

In the past this motor was controled by a linear amplifier.

I can find a lot controlers that connects directly to the mains, and then switches back to 24 Volt (or less), but for safety reasons I can not use these.

Has anyone links to dealers or manufactures of such controlers ?

thanks, Stef Mientki

Reply to
Stef Mientki

What is wrong with a driver switching the voltage down from mains ? It is a fair amount of current, a car battery will be exhaused pretty soon. What do you exactly want ?

Rene

Rene Tschaggelar

Nothing, wasn't it that this system should be used in a hospital. It is a fair amount of current, a car battery will be

What do you exactly want ? We have a 24V 100A power supply. The motor is directly mounted to a chair, patient is fixed in that chair and chair should rotate according to specific patterns, to investigate the equilibrium organ.

The patterns are generated by a PC, which also records the eye movement and sometimes the EEG.

Stef

Reply to
Stef Mientki

"Stef Mientki" schreef in bericht news:ctm033$mms$ snipped-for-privacy@odysseus.uci.kun.nl...

I think servo system is the right frase. But a servo system is more then just a linear amp. There must be some feedback that tells the difference between the current position and the wanted one. Somewhere there is (or has been) an input on which the voltage represents the required angle. Best way to control it by a computer is using a DA-converter. So the PC produces a digital number that is converted to a voltage that controls the servo system.

petrus bitbyter

Reply to
petrus bitbyter

Ok, so a normal driver plus controller but another supply. Short of disconnecting the internal suppy in an existing device, builing your own controller and driver at this power level is not trivial. I'd expected the rigid isolation specifications to apply only when persons are directly connected. A vaccum cleaner won't be hospital-isolated I guess.

Rene

Rene Tschaggelar

has

way

This might be good - keep the existing servo system and let the PC supply the input to it. Assuming the servo already works OK, why re-do it ?

The existing servo is probably either a *velocity* or a *position* system. My guess is that for equilibrium stimulus, velocity is important, not position.

Servos tend to be tweaked to the specific application, so even if you buy off the shelf, you will need some application engineer input to get a stable system which meets your specification - or even work out for you exactly what is your specification. Since "servo" is a new word for you, I think help is needed.

I'd Google on "Servo" and work out what are the main companies - and start phoning.

Perhaps you can find a hospital grade isolation transformer which has the low leakage you need for your power supply ?

Roger

Reply to
Roger Lascelles