DatasheetArchive - August Update

  • MORE SCANNED DATA BOOKS ADDED

We scanned 211 extra old data books. These cover data on over 47,000 extra parts.

We scanned these ourselves so you wont find them on other datasheet sites. A list of all 47,000 parts can be found here:

etc..

Scanned Data Books: 151,000 Parts Component Photos: 13,200 Parts Manufacturer Datasheets: 6 Million Parts

DatasheetArchive.com Admin

administrator

All well and good if your server doesn't time out on a slow transfer of a big file like it usually does, leaving a partial file.

Not much use, if you're onsite in some God-forsaken place, with only a laptop and a hinky dialup connection, and you *need* that datasheet,

durable; the other is a cheaper thing, but the moths get into it."
                                             (Stephen Leacock)
Reply to
Fred Abse

Well, poor baby! Maybe they shouldn't even bother, if all that people are going to do is bitch about it.

(the point being that they didn't _have_ to provide all of that information to you for free.)

Good Luck! Rich

Reply to
Richard The Dreaded Libertaria

Our site works well for most people even if sometimes a little slow. I checked our server logs today. So far 36,536 PDF downloads completed successfully, 2132 failures. The 2132 failures include when the user cancels the download.

We are on a limited budget. We have 4 Mb/s SDSL 1:1 which is the fastest available here. Leased lines are too expensive.

10 Mb/s is being trialed. We'll upgrade when that becomes available.
Reply to
administrator

Well, if they crow about it, I feel free to criticize.

For free? I doubt it's philanthropic. Nobody commits resources like that for free. Somebody's paying the bill.

TANSTAAFL

durable; the other is a cheaper thing, but the moths get into it."
                                             (Stephen Leacock)
Reply to
Fred Abse

snip

Impressified, indeed, said Yoda

Reminds me of an early Maxim CD, maybe 8 or 10 years ago, where all the pages where html encoded, but only the datasheets were in pdf format, as links, and then they ruined it with the next CD issue

I really hate pdfs with links, just bloatware, simple html for simple things can't be beat.

Maybe links to other pdf readers,say Foxit, rather than the "obligitory" Adobe bloatware link could be incorportated on your site?

martin

Reply to
martin griffith

Nice work. But whenever I download a pdf datasheet, the saved filename is always "RequiresAcrobat6.pdf"

I'm using Firefox, which sometimes tries to save funny file names, like from the TI site.

John

snip

oops

check line 2.......

martin

Reply to
martin griffith

We hire students to do data entry, some of them haven't been too good so there is the odd mistake.

Reply to
administrator

Perhaps a "oops we goofed link" for feedback, I havent really investigated your site, since I have the both of my datasheets (TDA1034, TL072) somewhere, locally , maybe even on paper :-(

martin

Reply to
martin griffith

I hassle, but a very slight one. Just rename it in the "Save As" edit box.

- YD.

--
Remove HAT if replying by mail.
Reply to

Works fine for me, most of the time. Yesterday (Sunday) it seemed to be off-line or overloaded, but other than that I usually get what I need.

Many thanks to those who set it up, I've got data for a lot of obscure ICs through them. I don't mind a few unobtrusive banners and such, they do have to make a living too. Pop-ups and fly-in-your-face adertisements do put me off.

- YD.

--
Remove HAT if replying by mail.
Reply to
YD

With Firefox, you might have to change the settings such that it gives you a dialog window rather than saving to the desktop by default. I've done that, primarily because I don't like to save big files on my desktop.

Good Luck! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Oh, I don't save anything to the desktop. But the filenames are still silly.

John

So put a directory "download" on your desktop and tell Firefox options to drop them in there. I agree that dropping on the desktop messes up things awfully.

Reply to
Sjouke Burry

It's not about messing up the appearance of the "desktop" it's that I don't like saving data to my system drive, which is where Billy decided to put the "desktop." And my system drive is already full of Windoze.

If I really need quick access to something, I can just drag a shortcut to the desktop.

Thanks, Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise