Datasheet Fluff

In Germany they did, after they knew me. So the package was sent over with customs forms to sign and an account number into which to wire the VAT (they all ditched the old-fashioned check writing system decades ago). I guess if the money wouldn't show up within ten days or so they'd send somone to go "look" for it.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

I'm referring to something a little less informal. Customs is a federal responsibility and they used to just collect federal taxes and duty. They'd then send along a note saying it was the recievers responsibility to inform the provincial governments they had purchased an item and subnit the appropriate PST. You can imagine just how often an indivual consumer would be willibg to go to that kind of trouble. I don't know if that's still the case or if there are agreements in place for customs to collect PST for some or all of the provinces.

Robert

Robert Adsett

Apologizing for being wrong about someone you dislike doesn't excuse your damnation of those you don't even know. You're a jerk.

--
Keith
Reply to

No, and I don't dislike him. What I said was exactly right, though perhaps not of Terrell personally. Americans are far to willing to go to war, and seem to keep on believing that doing so is somehow helpful to global wellbeing. That was my point, and I hod to it.

Reply to
Clifford Heath

No, it was *CLEARLY* not, on many levels.

You made it personal, and brought in all those wounded by war, in the same brush stroke. You likely spit on soldiers coming home too.

...and you'll forever be an asshole.

--
Keith
Reply to

So, I'm not a Veteran, just because I didn't see combat?

PLONK!

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell