Data slicer.

Rather than filter the output of the comparator, he should filter the input and use that as the reference for the comparator.

--

Rick
Reply to

Possibly. As far as I'm concerned infinities have no real existence. So when you see an infinity sign in an engineering calculation you should probably take it as meaning "really, really big".

--

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services

That's the last thing I want - my circuit uses just 3 components.

I don't need a competition to see how complicated that can be made.

What I need is the right search string for Google to find examples of the circuit.

Reply to
Ian Field

How hard can it be to describe a circuit using only 3 components!!!!!

Reply to
Ian Field

"filter the output of the comparator"?!!!!!

Shall we start with "the cat sat on the mat".................................

Reply to
Ian Field

My terminology might be a little vague, but I know what the circuit does - that is my problem getting any sensible results out of Google.

I guess a circuit containing just 3 components is too complex for some people.

Reply to
Ian Field

You could start the thread by including a schematics instead of generating guesswork

Cheers

Klaus

Reply to
Klaus Kragelund

You refer to a circuit that you won't show.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Den mandag den 21. marts 2016 kl. 20.40.39 UTC+1 skrev John Larkin:

I'd expect something like this:

-Lasse

Reply to
Lasse Langwadt Christensen

Maybe so.

A lot of similar clever auto-trigger-level circuits are equivalent to AC coupling and zero-cross detection.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Ian Field is a j*rk-off. ...Jim Thompson

           The touchstone of liberalism is intolerance

That's the one - thanks.

Reply to
Ian Field

Seen enough vegetables so far to last me forever................................

Reply to
Ian Field

What you gonna do with it?

--
 Thanks,
    - Win

Detect pulses on a slowly varying DC offset.

Reply to
Ian Field

If you want a really good data slicer, use a veggie-matic.

Reply to
Robert Baer

Lasse Langwadt already posted a link to the circuit.

All I needed was the description so Google could find more info - not dumbasses making stupid comments.

Reply to
Ian Field

You never change.................................

Reply to
Ian Field

This hard?

Is this what you mean? Because that RC is a filter, not an integrator.

|\

Reply to
Tom Del Rosso

He clearly said in the 3rd post of the thread:

"the signal is direct to one comparator input, the other input has an integrating capacitor fed via a resistor by the signal on the other pin."

The only ambiguity is that he describes a LPF and calls it an integrator. A simple RC does not integrate as I and one or two others pointed out.

Reply to
Tom Del Rosso