Cute amplifier - bootstrapped

re of Q1 is 561.91 Ohms

re of Q2 is 20.14 Ohms

It's a sophomoric skill >:-} ...Jim Thompson

What I said is fact.

Which came after "my first comment visa vie the 'current source' model."

And you'd see that's true if you bothered to move your spice current probe over to the cap and look at it, or if you bothered to plot the input, or if you bothered to erase the amp entirely and put an 'equivalent' 4.4k on the thing.

Or if you would just remember how a cap works.

I did and got nothing of interest for "JT vindicated."

Reply to
flipper

Bwahahahahaha! You poor asshole. You can't do loop/nodal analysis and can't even surf properly. What CAN you do ?:-)

You're so totally clueless on circuit analysis I have to conclude you have no technical education whatsoever. You can't even hand-wave your way to a close approximation to how the circuit works.

My main task now is to break the anonymity shell of "flipper" and give "flipper" all the exposure he deserves ;-)

Hey, flubber, who do you work for ?:-) ...Jim Thompson

The Leach paper (Figure 3)...

Has no component values on it, but it's clearly a current source in parallel with a capacitor.

Then I remembered a hearing aid design I did in 2004, so here's a model with values you can use...

...Jim Thompson

I am pleased to say, not for you. And, btw, if you were to try and get me 'unemployed' that's actionable.

Reply to
flipper

Maybe. If I lived in Californica. Here, in Arizona, we simply call it "kicking ass".

I have posted the microphone model. Your take on it should be good for many laughs.

Keep in mind, "your take" will be public and conveyable to your boss

...Jim Thompson

much

That's the old disinterested search for truth in action, I expect. Try to make anybody who disagrees lose their job.

"Noooobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!"

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510 USA
+1 845 480 2058

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

It wasn't simple disagreement... it was disagreeable stone throwing by a clueless individual. When you have no clue you're supposed to ask to be taught, not rudely dispute the professor.

*** Like I say, read the thread from the very beginning. ***

Until I got a ton of wrong-minded crap, I did not call a punk a punk. Not until flubber persisted... and he REALLY IS DUMB AS A STUMP on circuits.

Now go away and thump your Bible, and stop interjecting yourself in a thread you not only didn't follow, but have no clue yourself... and no lists of your wonderful "bootstraps", show me some analysis >:-} ...Jim Thompson

You really are a piece of work, Jim. Is there anything you won't resort to, to sustain your self-image?

I continue to respect your technical competence highly, but I sure wouldn't ask you to my house.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant
ElectroOptical Innovations LLC

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510 USA
+1 845 480 2058

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

Funny, I'm the one who gets regularly accused of Bible-thumping, and it's you ;-)

Sorry, I don't have to sustain a self-image... I CAN analyze (or design) such stuff as in this thread, effortlessly.

Capability doesn't require the standard leftist need for pumped-up self-image. ...Jim Thompson

And my posts were RESPONSES to a DUMB AS A STUMP attacker.

You do notice flubber is slinking away >:-} ...Jim Thompson

Which no doubt is why you exude quiet self-confidence, rather than, say, threatening people who disagree with losing their jobs, or threatening to beat them up, or shoot them, or threatening to set your lawyer on them for tortious interference. I see.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant
ElectroOptical Innovations LLC

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510 USA
+1 845 480 2058

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

Phil, Please!

Read the whole (set of) threads. I did not start up combative. When I tried to explain the snags in the circuit I got set upon by several clueless individuals.

When I suggested they analyze the circuit and then submitted my own analysis it only got worse... the clueless individuals persisted that I was wrong.

So I properly named them... punks >:-}

Sorry, I'm not a "turn-the-other-cheek" type.

Right now we have a group dominated by _incompetent_ punks.

Personally, I'm going to start hunting them down, whether you like it or not, with the specific intent to get incompetents fired. With lots of competent people out there seeking jobs, it should be easy.

flubber throws forth some Californica word, "actionable". I'm going to give him "actionable"... every future friggin' word he utters better be fact, or his ass is grass. ...Jim Thompson

Silly old fool.

Precision electronic instrumentation
Custom timing and laser controllers
Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links

Says the guy who thinks excel has no purpose.

Check this out, brainiac.

I do these as an excel exercise. Even though the chart can be looked up, this gives the assembler no question about the configuration. Anything found online seems to leave a slight ambiguity.

It is always good to be concise. Sweating the small stuff *does* matter.

Reply to
BubbleSorter

That's not an engineering document.

Precision electronic instrumentation
Custom timing and laser controllers
Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links

Now that I've established that the "Cute amplifier" signal equivalent is a capacitor to ground paralleled by a current source, why is it desirable that the bootstrap is inductive?

Start by pondering a conventional TIA and the stability issues with a capacitive source, such as a photodiode.

First read this paper...

Then note that the first stage gain of the "Cute amplifier" is...

gm?(R1?R2?C1?s + R1 + R2)

What benefit does that provide? ...Jim Thompson

Maybe, or he's just letting nature take its course, Jim.

Jamie

Reply to
Jamie

You'll have to make a call to the fumigators then.

That stink is worse than acid rain.

Reply to
MrTallyman

'Shop floor' personnel utilize engineering reference guides and documents to produce the goods, IDIOT!

Engineers, while designing a system, need to refer to such a reference when they are making a decision about which configuration to make use of in their design. Engineers also prepare such documents for the manufacturing personnel to make use of.

You are pathetic, child.

If you were any more of a total retard or any more immature, I'd swear your name was John Larkin. Oh... wait!

Reply to
BubbleSorter