Current Flow in Coaxial Transmission Lines

When I read Kirchoff's law it was applied to current to/from a point, not a "node". Obviously there are no parts of a circuit that are truly a "point", but clearly an entire antenna element or a plate of a capacitor are well outside the bound of a "point".

There is nothing in Kirchoff's law that addresses EM waves.

--

Rick
Reply to

Sure there is. The rest of the universe looks like a capacitor.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

Well, that's because they already did. All those EM waves are alternating E and H loops. Loops, meaning, each little hump of the thing as it goes is conservation of charge and conservation of flux. They already did their conservation dance back when they were emitted. So I don't see the problem here.

All the particles emitting from the Sun, let's say, are more or less balanced, they're just really hot, so we don't speak of them as neutral atoms or molecules. Yes, it'll have a positive bias on it (electrons are easier to fling out, and at much greater speeds, than protons and other nuclear flora), but that's very quickly balanced when the energy potential equals the emission energy, i.e., a few million volts. Which, for something the size of the Sun, is a pretty fantastically weak electric field!

And also, if you like, you can draw a circuit with particle trajectories and field lines, all the same; vacuum tubes work in circuits just fine, despite not having any conductive matter between their active surfaces.

Tim

--
Seven Transistor Labs, LLC
Website: http://seventransistorlabs.com

On Thu, 6 Aug 2015 04:07:47 -0500, "Tim Williams" Gave us:

DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

On Thu, 06 Aug 2015 08:15:48 -0400, DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno Gave us:

Actually even better is the entire search result:

DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno