Creative X-Fi Elite Pro Break-Out Box picking up signals ?

Hello,

I haven't looked into it yet, I might later, though perhaps I miss the expertise to understand it further, it might be a quite broad topic.

My Creative X-Fi Elite Pro 7.1 soundblaster which I bought a long time ago came with a breakout box.

It has this blue light on it to indicate that it's on.

It also has a red light which blinks when there is some kind of radio activity going on.

First I thought it was infafred which is also radio (?) from my tv remote control perhaps.

But lately, the red light blinks a lot.

Therefore I wonder what kind of (radio?) traffic it is detecting ?

For the fun of it I will asume it is not of alien-origin lol.

But probably from humans or so lol.

But let's get serious for a moment:

What kind of traffic is this breakout box capable of detecting ?

What kind of frequency range ?

What kind of devices could it be ?

What comes to mind is:

  1. Wireless networks of neighbours or buildings.

  1. GSM traffic. (though it didn't do this years ago)

  2. UMTS traffic ? (This seems more likely cause it's more recent)

  1. LTE or something like that ?

  2. Solar activity ? Extraterrestrial orgin ? (Seems what unlikely but I am rulling out nothing for now lol).

  1. Somebodies brain lol.

Bye, Skybuck.

Reply to
Skybuck Flying

Hmmm,

I th " What kind of devices could it be ?

What comes to mind is:

  1. Wireless networks of neighbours or buildings.

  1. GSM traffic. (though it didn't do this years ago)

  2. UMTS traffic ? (This seems more likely cause it's more recent)

  1. LTE or something like that ?

  2. Solar activity ? Extraterrestrial orgin ? (Seems what unlikely but I am rulling out nothing for now lol).

  1. Somebodies brain lol. "

Brain was close but not quite.

Now comes the unraveling of the mystery, the disclosure of the mystery: hihihi:

It's now 4:22 am at night/morning so it's highly unlikely that it's coming from somebody else, though I did hear my neighbours a little bit.

You never going to believe it, but then again maybe you will.

THE SOURCE IS ACTUALLY

TADA TADA . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

The signal is either coming from "radiomagnetic waves" coming from the harddisks or chips or whatever.

Or it's coming from the FANS.

Somehow my PC is sending out a signal that gets picked up by the break out box receiver and is shown to be an invalid/unrecgonized signal by indicating a flickering red light !

If correct then this could be one of my most biggests discoveries yet lol... and quite a nice mystery solved... cause nobody else seemed to know an answer to this question ! LOL.

Fricking awesome ! =D

Bye, Skybuck.

Tututututut tut tut tut tut tut X-Files theme ! LOL.

Reply to
Skybuck Flying