Coupling LED to LDR

The V6? Sure, if that's what you mean by "most" mustangs.

2005 q45 specs: 340HP @ 6400RPM with 333ft-lbs @ 4000RPM

The 2013 Mustang GT base model:

420HP @ 6500RPM with 390ft-lbs @ 4250RPM

The driver's skill could make a difference, though.

Reply to
JW

At the risk of possible redundancy, since I'm joining this discussion in the middle...

Spehro, is this even close to what you're trying to build?

If not, please feel free to skip to the next posting.

Frank McKenney

-- ...[T]he people know in their hearts that journalism is a conventional art like any other, that it selects, heightens, and falsifies. Only its Nemesis is the same as that of other arts; if it loses all care for truth it loses all form likewise. The modern who paints too cleverly produces a picture of a cow which might be the earthquake at San Francisco. And the journalist who reports a speech too cleverly makes it mean nothing at all. -- G.K. Chesterton / On the Cryptic and the Elliptic (1908)

-- Frank McKenney, McKenney Associates Richmond, Virginia / (804) 320-4887 Munged E-mail: frank uscore mckenney aatt mindspring ddoott com

Reply to
Frnak McKenney

Compare these two, which on is prettier?

Neat site btw! Mikek

Reply to
amdx

Ahh OK... the lowest R I found on Digikey was this,

But I didn't look very hard. ~3k at 10 lux...I might guess 1 k ohm at 100 lux.. (looking at other curves.) Do you get thousands of lux from an LED? (Groan, I hate optics intensity units! I have no feel for one lux.)

OK best way is to shine an LED at whatever LDR I happen to have here.

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

4.5L V-8

"Most" Mustangs aren't the V-8, though I can generally surprise even them off the line. Mid '70's old guys with gray hair and beard aren't supposed to drive like I do... I daily drive 80-100MPH ;-) ...Jim Thompson

Is there a difference? Equally boring fake-luxury granny cars.

"Infiniti" is a goofy spelling invented by a PR hack to get gullible Americans to pay way too much for a Nissan Cima.

On snow or dirt or in a good rainstorm, the 4wd Audi will literally drive circles around one of those anglicized rice-barges. The only problem with the A3 is the low ground clearance, but it does sort of just plow fluffy snow out of the way. We use the Jeep when the snow is really deep.

The A3 has a 1/3 wide folding rear seat, so you can just throw your skis in through the hatchback.

Precision electronic instrumentation
Custom timing and laser controllers
Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links

The PH200 has something like 200x the (s/n)*bandwidth product of other photoreceivers, like the Thorlabs for instance.

That is our interpretation of Phil's actual sig, the original being perfectly illegible. Sort of like the Eddy Bauer jeep thing.

Around $2K.

Precision electronic instrumentation
Custom timing and laser controllers
Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links

That was my point, the Infiniti was a look-a-like of the 8 years older Lexus. But I think it looks better. :-) Mikek

Reply to
amdx

Why would anybody buy a car that's not a hatchback?

jlarkin at highlandtechnology dot com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Precision electronic instrumentation
Custom laser drivers and controllers
Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links

The Q45 weighs two tons!

jlarkin at highlandtechnology dot com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Precision electronic instrumentation
Custom laser drivers and controllers
Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links

Huh? I always that the Lexus was a more pointy shape... much like the heads of those who drive Audi's >:-}

My #2 daughter (the chemist) drives a Lexus ES. She's had a variety of weird problems... side windows falling out, etc. ...Jim Thompson

Sure. I've had several... a 280Z, a 280ZX, and am considering swapping my pick-em-up truck for the new Z that's supposed to be coming with the BIG engine ;-)

But, for sheer comfort at 100+ MPH, the Q45 is hard to beat... superb handling and quite comfortable for long boring trips... like thru Californica.

Reminds me, for a _beautiful_ drive, take AZ 79 from San Tan Valley, then AZ 77, south thru the backside of the Santa Catalina Mountains into the north side of Tucson... breathtaking. ...Jim Thompson

And can easily outrun your Audi.

Q45 has less pounds per HP than Audi and 50% more torque.

And seats five comfortably, not like the Audi... described by Edmunds as "small". ...Jim Thompson

So does a Mustang. My wife's '14 is 4580lbs, according to the door label.

Reply to
krw

Because I have a pickup?

Reply to
krw

Den fredag den 1. november 2013 01.32.46 UTC+1 skrev snipped-for-privacy@attt.bizz:

that is probably the max allowed weight including passengers and cargo

-Lasse

Reply to
Lasse Langwadt Christensen

Yeah, it is the gross vehicle weight. I can't find the net anywhere. The new one is supposed to be 500lbs lighter.

Reply to
krw

Cause I have pickup truck. But John, that's what makes a horse race. To each their own. Unless it's regarding health insurance, then it's Obama's choice.

Reply to
amdx

You have a pick-up? I would have never guessed. ...Jim Thompson

Go faster.

Cheers, James Arthur

Reply to
dagmargoodboat