Controlling a relay via cellular phone.....

That's no where close to "NEVER" is it? At some point a hard drive will fail, or you'll want to add some memory, or even power it down to clean the dust out of it.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

But I don't think the OP needed to remotely reboot once a month because of a hardware failure or dust job, don't you think?

Meindert

Reply to
Meindert Sprang

It may not have to be, but he wants to. I've run Novel servers for years, till the UPS failed. I had one that was still running with a bad video card when lightning took out the Ethernet card. The customer had insisted on RG58 instead of CAT5, and they unplugged all the computers, except for the server when they heard the storm approaching. A nearby strike induced enough current into the card to blow the transformer windings.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Good topic! My buddy Albert is looking for a phone controlled relay! He asked all over and these helpful folks in black SUVs wanted to ask him a bunch of questions. Anyway, if you have any good links on how to control a realy with a phone, send them To Albert Kaida at aol.com.....

Reply to
BobG

I resemble that remark!

A couple was on their honeymoon, laying in bed, about ready to consummate their marriage, when the new bride says to the husband, "I have a confession to make, I'm not a virgin." The husband replies, "That's no big thing in this day and age." The wife continues, "Yeah, I've been with one other guy." "Oh yeah? Who was the guy?" "Tiger Woods." "Tiger Woods the golfer?" "Yeah." "Well he's rich, famous and handsome. I can see why you went to bed with him." The husband and wife then make passionate love. When they get done, the husband gets up and walks to the telephone. "What are you doing?" says the wife. The husband says, "I'm hungry. I was going to call room service and get some food." "Tiger wouldn't do that." "Oh yeah? What would Tiger do?" "He'd come back to bed and do it a second time." The husband puts down the phone and goes back to bed to make love with his wife a second time. When they finish, he gets up and goes over to the phone. "What are you doing?" She says. The husband says, "I'm still hungry so I was going to get room service to get some food." "Tiger wouldn't do that." "Oh yeah? What would Tiger do?" "He'd come back to bed and do it one more time." The guy slams down the phone and goes back to bed and makes love to his wife one more time. When they finish he's tired and beat. He drags himself over to the phone and starts to dial. The wife asks, "Are you calling room service?" "No! I'm calling Tiger Woods to find out what's par for this hole!"

Reply to
Peter Hucker

--
http://www.petersparrots.com    http://www.insanevideoclips.com
http://www.petersphotos.com

What do you call it when a blonde drives down the street with her head out the
window?
Refueling.
Reply to
Peter Hucker

it,

instead

computer.

if you've got free caller-id (it';s free on mobiles here) you can easily set it so that only calls from trusted parties reboot it.

switch,

solution

attempting

flag

stop sending

dies and

still does

should be do-able on windows.

yeah, that'd work well on a fixed line.

--

Bye.
   Jasen

I got the Velleman kit MK160. It's in a plastic box together with an old mobile phone.

When the phone's display lits up, it triggers the MK160. On this device I can select the switching time from 0.5 seconds to 1 hour. I set it to 2 seconds, connected it to the reset button, and configured the phone to only accept my number as allowed caller. All other numbers are blocked.

Works great!

Thanks for the input. Marcel

"jasen" schreef >> In ,

Reply to