Constant-current LEDs?

s might differ.

All my Phd. friends think I am bright and not deluded. But that might be something that happens because they have a Phd.

morality of an action isn't influenced by the amount of money involved. Th e legal consequences may vary, but the morality is unaffected.

If you had better cognitive function , you would realize that the morality has to do with the effect on the subject. Actions that involve small amoun ts money that are insignificant are not immoral.

se to realise it.

ally ought to be confining yourself to claims about probable outcomes, rath er than expressing a conviction. You really don't seem to be very bright, s o it isn't surprising that the logical basis of that reservation does seem to have gone over your head.

You forget that I am brighter than you. And I do know how bright you are. Your posts give you away.

Dan

ested with Bernard L. Madoff Investment Securities LLC, and you haven't yet noticed that he's no longer returning your calls.

Reply to
dcaster

Maybe you are imagining that.

I had a head injury and felt cognitively OK afterwards. But crazy people don't usually think that they are crazy, so it's hard to tell from inside.

The test is to design stuff with other smart people and see if you can keep up.

I hope you give some of it away. One advantage of having some wealth is that you can give it where you think it will help, rather than having politicians decide for you.

lunatic fringe electronics

John Devereux
Reply to
John Devereux

Another test to to trouble shoot mal functioning equipment.

I am giving a little of it away. Every year I fund my son's Roth IRA for him. And I fund one of my nieces Roth IRA. Trying to get her interested in investing.

Dan

Reply to
dcaster

Replace the zener with an LED!

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

There was an old gag about the SI unit of feminine beauty being the millihelen, i.e. the amount of beauty required to launch one ship.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

-Lasse

Reply to
Lasse Langwadt Christensen

"...the millihelen should not be used, because metric prefixes should not be mixed with troy units."

Thanks

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant
ElectroOptical Innovations LLC

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

Thats no surprise :)

Jamie

Reply to
M Philbrook

I was thinking of something not quite so close to home.

lunatic fringe electronics

I am on the East Coast and my niece is in Alaska. So not too close to home. I have never met her.

But I know what you mean and I also give to some not related to me.

Dan

Reply to
dcaster

A negative endorsement from Jamie is probably worth almost as much as a positive endorsement from somebody with enough brains to make the assessment.

Jamie doesn't have a firm enough grasp of reality to be AlwaysWrong, but he is definitely AlwaysStupid.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

So, what is the major problem with your oscillator? You say it's not simple, so I imagine it has very low distortion and good freq stability and accuracy.What freq range does it cover? Is it just a sine wave, or other waveforms? Why is it so special?

Bill Bowden

Send an e-mail to snipped-for-privacy@ieee.org and I'll tell you, privately. The basic idea is simple enough that even John Larkin could work out how to do it, once I'd given him the idea.

Frequency range is what you'd expect from regular op amps. It's purely sine wave.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

I gave up on you and your personal reality that everyone else is out of touch with. There is no reason to waste time even trying to be polite to a buffoon like you. If the whole world is 'out of touch with reality' then something is very wrong with you. That is why I kill filed you long ago and only see your whining drivel when someone else quotes you.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

of

nt

.

PGA,

the

e.

is

meet

for

nto

des

't

be

Interesting idea. Sadly, my personal reality is the one that most educated people are in touch. Some educated people don't want to recognise it - Jame s Arthur comes to mind - and others can't be bothered, like Jim Thompson.

I don't want you to be polite - it would nice if you were, but it's not som ething worth complaining about - but I would like you to get your facts rig hts, and not make fatuous assertions that don't have anything to with any k ind of fact.

It's not a "the whole world" that is out of touch with my pereception of r eality, it's a select group of right-wing nitwits. Jim Thompson is the most blatant example, krw is worse, but doesn't say as much, and James Arthur i s stuck with ideological blinkers that blind him to the significance of lot the reality that he is aware of.

Kill-filing people whose opinions you don't share is a fairly reliable way of staying out of touch with reality - Jim Thompson has been boasting about doing it for years.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

My e-mail address is in the message header, so you can send the details to that address without me sending you anythingt. But I have another question for you concerning Graham's number. As I understand it, it's a very long number with more digits than atoms in the universe. But it's a finite number where the ending digits are known. It seems to be a number that includes all the possible conditions of the universe which means we have had this conversation before and will have it again in the future. Is it something like that?

Bill Bowden

"Bill Bowden"

doesn't look like a complete e-mail address. I have used Google to find something that looks better - it may work.

The "it" in "Is it something like that?" is ill-defined. Ill-defined terms do tend to create discussions that spiral off in a less-than useful way.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

googles usenet viewer does that to email addresses, click the link (on the original).

--
  \_(?)_
Reply to