[Click the star to watch this topic] frame sync problem degrading FEC performance

Hello all, I am developing a FEC system in our custom modem based on tms320vc5416. I am facing a problem in it. Since FEC works on block of data to detect & correct errors, frame synchronisation is must. But if frame header gets corrupted then entire FEC block following header will be discarded and it will result in loss of data or errors. What can be done to ensure there is frame sync but no loss of data even if header is corrupt. I know this sounds funny, but because of this problem, our systems with or without FEC are giving almost same performance. I need help on this urgently. Thanks. bye...

Reply to
virajk

Click on WHAT STAR? Another clueless Google groups user that thinks everyone uses a crappy HTML Usenet interface.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida