Cleaning leaked electrolytic & corrosion on PCB

Many TDS 6XX scopes also had this problem. I run them through a dish washer first, then a Simple Green scrubbing followed by rinsing and blow dry using a compressor. After that I scrub 'em again with isopropyl alcohol, remove all the caps and replace with new ones. If it still doesn't pass it's diagnostics and SPC, start looking for open vias (usually black) and etches that are close to the areas where the worst of the leakage was.

Reply to
JW

some

potential

There is a lot of anodized aluminum cookware, some black. Though even the black stuff is pretty easy to tell it's aluminum. If it's lighter than it looks, it's aluminum. If you paid over $200 per piece, it's stainless. ;-)

Reply to
krw

PCB has some=20

potential=20

a liquid=20

almost

ultrasonic

are

cast=20

(polished=20

one=20

steel=20

=20

the

it

;-)

Not sure where you shop, but for me at least, $200 will buy a set of 3 or= =20

4 pots with lids. I have no problem getting 24 quart w/lid for under = $80.
Reply to
JosephKK

some

potential

liquid

Williams-Sonoma, mostly You're not going to find quality stainless for that price. Much of it in that class will have aluminum bottoms.

Reply to
krw

" snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

the newer gel auto dishwasher products will not harm aluminum,or your PCBs. I believe they dissolve better than powders,too.

the bad thing about some items and auto dishwashers is that the high water pressure bangs stuff around and into other items.Good knives are a no-no.

But if you are cleaning a PCB,you do it with -nothing else- in the dishwasher..and the board on the top rack.

No drying heat,either. Dry it in a hot box(with exhaust fan) or drying oven. no hotter than 150degF.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

the

than it

stainless. ;-)

or=20

$80.

that

They charge 3 to 5 prices for no better quality than i am getting. = Aluminum=20 components ins SS pots and pans are very visible (if you look). No = surprise=20 Al content (normally none) in what i buy. Try shopping at restaurant = supply=20 houses.

Reply to
JosephKK

Aluminum is usually (sometimes it's used instead of copper in the laminate) visible, but it is there in a lot of cheaper pots. Cheaper pots aren't laminated nearly as well. Restaraunt supply houses aren't usually open to the public.

Reply to
krw

Where's the logic in that? Hoping to please their restaurant clients by presuming you'll go out to eat more often if you can't buy quality pans?

They're throwing away a potential lucrative market IMHO.

Reply to
Gary Walters

How? How many families need what they sell, VS the problems of having stock damaged by kids or idiots? Returns made by people who don't know what they are buying?

There are some that are open to the public, like this in Ocala, Fl.

We all know what an opinion is worth.

Michael A. Terrell

They're not prepared to collect sales tax. Tax-ID required.

Customers not worth having, in their business model.

Reply to
krw

even the

than it

stainless. ;-)

3 or=20

$80.

for that

Aluminum=20

surprise=20

supply=20

laminate)

to the

Actually they are, they just do not advertise to the public. Compare Newark, Arrow and other electronic distributors. Newark, in particular, treated me well as a kid (1960s), i could telephone order, will call, and go pick it up the same day (on my bicycle), paying cash, no problem (i was under 18). And for mail order, payment included, at the time, there was Allied Radio, Bernstein Applebee, Lafayette, (postal money order or equivalent) and others. No difference with restaurant (or other) suppliers.

Reply to
JosephKK

;-)

No, most are not. They don't have the facilities to deal with the public. They don't want the business. Some will, of course, but it's more like plumbing or electrical wholesalers than electronics stores of the '60s. Taxes, ya know.

Reply to
krw

even the

than it

stainless. ;-)

of 3 or=20

under $80.

for that

Aluminum=20

surprise=20

supply=20

laminate)

aren't

open to the

particular,

and

there

public.

Taxes,

What is your current locale (city or county)/state and i will hit the yellow pages and see if i can find some for you. Besides there is always internet.

Reply to
JosephKK