Class D Amp. Design

1/8th power white noise ( or maybe sinewave ) IIRC.

I was pondering this actually but came to no conclusion. I wonder if the phase shift method also results in lower HF current when signal is present too ?

The only examples I've seen to date are simply ICs from TI. I'm sure TI have a reason to make them that way !

Might be interesting for a higher power discrete amp too.

Needs thinking about !

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear

Harmonics of what? If you include 1X the frequency as a harmonic, then everything is harmonic. If not then the fundamental of the switching frequency is not a harmonic and yet it is the biggest problem from an EMI point of view.

No, this does not need to happen.

ASCII art:

+V---------O BTW, with fixed load by the speaker, pulse skipping may not likely to

No it doesn't see above.

kensmith@rahul.net   forging knowledge
Reply to
Ken Smith

that means nothing wrt EMI specs, which make you load up at some sort of worst-case levels, which probably aren't zero signal :)

and fet dV/dt noise wont change.

AIUI the real benefit of phase-shift modulation is that the switches run at just under 50% duty cycle, so simple xfmr gatedrives can be used, and ZVS is easy to obtain.

Cheers Terry

Reply to
Terry Given