Class A error

Recently I disagreed with Phill Allison over a class A amplifier and then hurled abuse at him before I checked the information.

Phill was correct and I apologise for the undeserved abuse.

David Eather

Reply to
David Eather

Phil is always correct! Well... almost always. If he didn't have such an ego I'm sure he would get much more credit for his intelligence. It's hard to agree with someone, even if they are right, if they are an asshole.

Reply to
George Jefferson

Then there's AlwaysWrong, who is doubly hard to agree with.

John

"David Eather"

** In fact David quoted both Wiki and electronics text books on the subject of class A efficiency.

Still he came up wrong by looking at irrelevant info.

** No apologies from me for the well deserved bollocking you got.

BTWs

  1. The debate was on "sci.electronics.basics" on Jan 27 & 28 this year under the title: " Discussing audio amplifier design -- BJT, discrete " - so David ought to post his apology over there.

  1. The original disputed point was that a class A power amp has a possible max ( full output, sine wave) efficiency of 50%. The figure of 50% applies to class A " push pull" output stages AND singled ended class A stages that use either choke or transformer coupling to the load.

  2. My name is spelt as you see below.

.... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison