Circuit to calculate square root of voltage?

Humans have vestigial components too.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

In genetic design, any connection that is possible and not expressly forbidden (the forbidden cases, in this case probably involve excessive currents) are allowed. The apparently pointless parts and connections often provide the tricks that make the circuit do something useful but not obvious to a goal oriented observer.

--
John Popelish
Reply to

Not if I designed 'em. Everyone would have exactly the right number of parts, correctly proportioned to work in perfect harmony, like this:

Not that I'd expect any thanks or recognition. You ungrateful wretches would probably do away with Santa if you had a chance:

(Images courtesy of J.Thompson, I think:)

Mike Monett

Reply to
Mike Monett

A square root circuit design by genetic algorithm.

Packed with vestigial organs and junk DNA. Apart from all that, it works rather well. Darwin rules. Well, God rules, Darwin interprets.

--
Nicholas O. Lindan, Cleveland, Ohio
Consulting Engineer:  Electronics; Informatics; Photonics.