Circuit for producing 10ns pulses of several amps

parallel with the LED. Therefore the current can only flow through the LED for a short while until the all the current available is shunted through the inductor instead.

That's a pretty big inductor. Why would you burn power unnecessarily?

Reply to
krw

In case this has not already been cited, I have successfully used the following circuit as the laser driver in a distance measuring application

UHRING W., ZINT C.V., BARTRINGER J., A low-cost high-repetition-rate picosecond laser diode pulse generator, Proc. SPIE 5452, 2004, pp. 583-590, Photonics Europe 2004, Strasbourg (France), April

26-30, 2004, edited by D. Lenstra, G. Morthier, T. Erneux, M. Pessa, ISBN 0-8194-5375-7. Lien

JohnR

Reply to
jc.al.robbins

Thanks for your reply. I saw it but the idea seemed a bit obscure for my to spend time on. My limitation, not yours.

I'll have a look at your sim below, but it may take me a couple days...

Thanks for the consideration!

--
Mr.CRC