Chip for wireless analog audio?

if there is one, I'm sure it's obsolete but I'm looking for a chip that is high frequency like 869, 918, 2.4ghz etc that can transmit and receive stereo analog audio with hi fi freq response.

Don't want an 88 - 108 fm system either.

Closet I found was a Linx ES series chip but just does mono (and does it well) and buying a set for each channel would be crazy.

Maybe there's an AV chip? and I just don't use the video.

Reply to
mkr5000

Most of those bands are for non- continuous digital only.... I think you will be stuck with 2.4 or 5.8G for audio.

TTman

To reiterate, you need FULL DUPLEX hifi, mono, or do you need stereo? operating possibly in the ISM band competing with Bluetooth and Wifi?

There is/was a company in Bay Area that spent almost $3M developing such a chip, but only one channel, not stereo. Not sure who owns the rights to the mask set now, though. From memory used FM and was capable of multiple units operating in same area, something like up to 10, or so, thus you could use two and get stereo. Oh, rereading, you already have a satisfactory way to do that. So, by definition you're done.

Why launch energy? [why high frequency?] How much distance you want? There is a 'battery friendly' way to get FULL DUPLEX transferring something like

12 feet range wtih spectrum of 10Hz to 15kHz and 0.1% distortion, or so, and pretty much stay 'under' the interest of FCC, or CE. Battery friendly for the receiver. All done using readily available SMT stuff, but this 'nonelegant' solution requires two sets to get stereo, too.
Reply to
RobertMacy

Do you also need HiFi signal ratios, something in the area 50..100 dB?

AM/SSB is the worst, since at best, you need at least the same RF SNR as the audio SNR.

Wide band FM is slightly better, since you have the "FB-gain" as long as you are above the "FM threshold", but after that, there is still just the linear relationship.

If you need anything more than 30..40 dB SNR , i would definitively go digital due to the RF power limitations, since you can add 6 dB SNR by each bits added, by only adding about 10 % bandwidth and hence of power) for 7-12 bit systems).

Reply to
upsidedown

the linx es series is perfect, has great range but it's mono -- just wondering if there was something like it that was 2 channel -- doesn't look like it.

just good freq response and decent snr.

i have an analog output I need to send or I would use digital.

Reply to
mkr5000

How about or

You just need a stereo decoder and encoder to complete the link Maybe the BH1415 encoder and matching decoder.

Martin Riddle

Have a look at these guys..

Martin Riddle

There are many chips for FM stereo. Use one of these and modify it or convert the output to your frequency. Pro analog wireless mics use wideband FM with companding, but they are mono. Mark

Reply to
makolber