Care and Feeding of Avantek YIG...

Avantek Y089-4023, 8.0 - 20.0 GHz YTO

osc supply is marked, +15, and the FM and tune coils I can figure out.

But what's the heater voltage (and approximate current)?

THanks!

Reply to
artie

Rex--

Thanks! That looks pretty good. The yig is a custom part, for HP. I inherited a boat anchor with the yig, a 10811 timebase, and a bunch of other goodies. The 10811 checks out fine. I'll have to haul the yig into work, as I don't have anything other than diode detectors that go above 4GHz.

Reply to
artie

I have an old Avantek databook that lists YIG oscillators, but I don't see that PN (I think it might be custom.) I only see one with that tuning range -- AV-78020. Here's some of the data:

+15V @ 275 mA Heater 20 to 28V, 1.5W at 25C or 2W at 0C Power out to 50 ohm +13dBm Main tuning 20 MHz/mA FM tuning 450 kHz/mA

I'd guess yours is probably the same. This one is a round cylinder. Pins clockwise from RF sma out are:

+15 Gnd

-5V but seems not used on this model

+FM

-FM