capacity chart for alkaline batteries?

Dies at 1.2 and is seriously thinking about dying at 1.3 under load. But it was cheap and has to be considered disposable - a selection criteria more important than battery life.

default

I like to kityak - If I know it is a good day I don't take the player with me - if its borderline I take the kite and player so I have something to listen to if I don't get the kite launched.

There's a period of time when I'm at the mercy of the chop and wind and out of control - easy to lose it. Takes two hands and teeth to handle the kite during launch and the paddle is just drifting alongside the boat. Plenty to do without having to juggle beers too.

default

The s1 mp3 players (look at s1mp3.org) do pretty well on a NiMH AAA. And they are the cheapest available I think.

ISTR from reading the data shet that there are 2 ways to wire the power supply of the SOC used. One gives better battery life but uses more parts.

They guys are reverse engineering the things. Use a Z80 (80ish MHz) and a DSP, they guess ADSP20xx or ADSP21xx I see.

Thomas

Reply to
Zak

Thanks for the link. Interesting reading. Mine is a little $10 toy that takes a SD memory card. I'm going to be looking for some of the s1mp3's.

default

Hmm the s1mp3 isn't the greatest thing in existence! But they are cheap.

There is some hash at low audio levels, and the thing cannot do gapless playback. But it seems few players can.

Thomas

Reply to
Zak