CAN Bus vs USB differential signaling

Why is that weird? Intercontenental communication would be rather difficult otherwise. Radio wouldn't work very well, either.

Reply to
krw

I know /how/ it works, and I am happy to make systems that rely on it. That does not stop it seeming strange to me. Lots of things in life can be strange, or weird, or amazing, or counter-intuitive - even when you understand how they work and use them every day.

Reply to
David Brown

On a sunny day (Thu, 04 May 2017 09:56:23 +0200) it happened David Brown wrote in :

na, it is just like the postal service, only faster. Now all ye need is a FTL tracking code ;-)

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

That's why they send it first, instead :-) (TCP)

Tim

--
Seven Transistor Labs, LLC
Website: http://seventransistorlabs.com

We see lots of counterexamples of such things every day. Oscillations on a rope are visible example. It's not as visible but think about thunder. The frequency content is likely on the order of a few hundred Hz but the delay can be many seconds. We see many counterexamples so another shouldn't be too weird.

Reply to
krw

That's another one. The information packed in a letter is much higher than 1/postal_delay. ;-)

Reply to
krw