Can brain damaged Canadians design electronics?

Grow up and get a sense of humor. Then get a real news server.

have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Well, I'm using the computers in the University's library a lot these days.

Reply to
gearhead

A university without their own NNTP server? Is it too late to get a refund on your tuition?

have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Not yet. I do have some Red Skelton. That is pretty good too.

Like your new sig.

--=20 Transmitted with recycled bits. Damnly my frank, I don't give a dear

----------

Reply to
JosephKK

I found a couple segments of his early TV show on VHS a few years ago. he was always one of my favorites. :)

Thanks. :)

have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

"For ALL"

Not now :-( ...Jim Thompson

though.

I used to sneak in and watch the black and white TV show after bedtime. I saw him live in December 1978 in Reno, absolutely hilarious. Just the word "frogs" can set me off sometimes even today.

Reply to
JosephKK

My favorite character was 'Freddie the Freeloader'. He didn't have anything, but still enjoyed life.

have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

I got so bored about 22 years ago that I wrote a Sci-Fi trilogy. All I could find in the stores was fantasy, labeled as sci-fi at that time, along with countless re-releases of books I'd read many times. The best part was the 'Stealth puns' in the text. Some didn't hit people for weeks. :)

have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

computer

another

newsgroups.

Did they ever get published?

Reply to
JosephKK

I never submitted them to a publisher. I'm trying to find the disks, and hope that I can still read them. I might just put them on Lulu,com or one of my wesites as a free Ebook if I can find them, and convert them to plain text files. I also did a little artwork for the storyline that may still be in my files.

It is a trilogy that covers a little obver 200 years. It's a mix of '50s space opera, Good VS Evil and comedy.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida

http://www.flickr.com/photos/materrell/
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

computer

another

newsgroups.

All

time,

best

Cool. If you can find the media, but cannot rescue the content i would like to try. I would even consider paying for a professional service out of my own pocket in order for you to have them back.

Reply to
JosephKK

Does anyone still do that with Commodore 1581, 3.5" disks? I've found my Commodore 128D computer that I converted from an internal 1571 to a 1581 drive. Now, I need a working CGA monitor. I think I still have a IBM PC Jr. monitor in storage. I converted a bunch of them to standard CGA mode about 20 years ago. That still leaves finding the couple floppies, out of close to 10,000 3.5 inch disks. :(

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

disks,

Lulu,com

storyline

of

would

out

I think so, i was unaware that Commodore had ever gotten to 3.5" diskettes. I have utilities that can read sectors form both 5.25" and

3.5" drives. Of course turning that data into something useful may take some more work.
Reply to
JosephKK

Yes, it is stored in Commodre screen codes rather than ASCII. It was written with a program called Speedscript.

Commodre used 512 byte sectors to store two normal Commodore 128 byte sectors, and the firmware converted them in and out. They used a WDC

1770 FDC chip, which was a rare chip. There were utilities to convert to & from IBM format. Programs like 'Big Blue Reader', and a couple freeware programs that had to be typed into the computer with a text to binary conversion program, then saved to a floppy.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

^^^ 256

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

the disks,

Lulu,com

convert

storyline

mix of

would

service out

1571

still

the

and

take

was

byte

I can probably dig up an emulator for the Commodore 128; would you happen to have a copy of Speedscript as well? IIRC the on diskette formats for the WDC 1770 were pretty compatible. Certainly not much worse than HP's LIF (256 byte sectors) and i have a converter for that.

Reply to
JosephKK

disks,

Lulu,com

storyline

out

I had dozens of copies of Speedscript. Both C64 & C128 versions. I just have to find the disks and see what is still good. There are Commodore emulator programs for the C64, and Speedscript was published in a magazine. It is probably available as an image to run on the emulator. There was a parallel port to Commodre serial bus cable to let you use standard Commodore drives with a PC based emulator.

At one time I converted files for people who were moving from a Commodore computer to early PCs.

have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

the disks,

on Lulu,com

convert

the storyline

a mix of

content I would

service out

I've

internal 1571

still

them to

the

5.25" and

may take

It was

byte

WDC

convert

couple

text to

happen

for

HP's

Cool, you may have everything you need lying around. Just have to find it. I will look for Speedscript online. That didn't take long.

Reply to
JosephKK