Can a Triac BTA08-600B replace a BTB04-600SL?

I have a BTB04-600SL with the anodes giving a reading of 0 Ohms aross them in both directions so it looks as if it's duff and decided to replace it with BTA08-600B. But it still didn't work:-

BTB04-600SL:-

4A, 10ma sensitivity on gate, tab connected to A2

BTA08-600B:-

http://www.ortodoxism.ro/datasheets/stmicroelectronics/7472.pdf

8A, 50ma sensitivity on gate, insulated tab

So I think the gate sensitivity is the main problem

Reply to
blackhead

Sorry, Google posted the message b4 I had finished - don't understand y.

What's the most effective way of telling if a triac is OK using a digital multimeter?

Thanks

Reply to
blackhead