Can a Network Analyzer be used in place of a signal generator

GHz

it,

ay

nce

rs,"

ing

have

z and

7.html... has lots of

he

the

(which

=A0If

tion,

do

how

tice

dn't

can

that

ce to

-)

pretty

That's great advice. One of those ?YIG? sphere oscillators might work as the 2.3 GHz LO.

George

Reply to
George Herold

4

I'm wondering if a simple 2.4GHz video modulator can be the guts of this project. You can buy them from Supercircuits for example. One hack might be to just use the local oscillator and then slap on a mini- circuits modulator. Or you just dig up the circu9itry for such a part from the FCC product website. All you need is the FCC ID number.

Some random link:

If you are going to test something, you use test equipment. If you are going to design something, it is better to use components. It doesn't have to be chip/transistor level. Off the shelf modules are fine to get something off the ground. I buy stuff from minicircuits that I know I could build, but don't feel like reinventing the wheel.

Reply to
miso