camera link frame grabber

hello all! i have a query if any one can help me to solve it out. i have a cameralink framegrabber(CLFG) with single channel.with single channel , it can connect to only one camera.but i want to look for some

digital switch or some idea like that with which i can switch between 2

cameras.thanks for ur valuable suggestion in advance. waiting for response, with regards

Reply to
suruchi81

Do you need an out-of-the-box solution or a circuit design? If you require the latter, you may use two LVDS buffers with output enable (I don't know any specific, but they should be simple to find for example at National Semiconductor), connect each input to a source and tie both outputs together (for every Camera Link signal). By controlling the output enable, you can switch between them. It's simple, but if you're transferring high speed data, your layout should be done carefully to minimize skew. You may also want to check the characteristics of the skew between the outputs on your driver. Another matter is the switch time. If a frame exact switch is required

- such a simple scheme is not adequate. It will take a few us for the receiver side PLL to lock.

Avishay

Reply to
avishay