Calculating resistance of a cable

Hi all

Im currently trying to work out a simple circuit which is capable of calculating the resistance of an 8 core cable (each cable Individually that is), therefore 8 seperate resistance values.

I understand if a 1 core wire was to be calculated, one wheatstone bridge would be used - Is this correct so far?

Therefore if I have an 8 core cable, would I be expected to us eight wheatstone bridges? If no, could somebody advice me on a better method for implementing my resistance checks.

Thanks Tuurbo

Reply to
tuurbo46

What is a core? Is that what is called a binder-group in the USA?

Thanks

Don

Reply to
Don Bowey

Calculate? Or measure?

Measured, yes.

Connect a single bridge to each conductor in turn. Unless you must make

8 simultaneous measurements.

Steinbach\'s Guideline for Systems Programming
        Never test for an error condition you don\'t know how to
        handle.
Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

I read in sci.electronics.design that Don Bowey wrote (in ) about 'Calculating resistance of a cable', on Mon, 3 Oct 2005:

A multi-core cable is what the Belden catalog(ue) calls a 'multi-conductor cable'. But a core could be a coax or a screened/shielded twisted pair.

John Woodgate

Do you really expect the eight cores to be of significantly different values? The manufacturer spec's will give a resistance per metre or 100m (or feet..... darn Yankees!). Given all that, a bridge is a good way to go.

Cheers.

Ken

Reply to
Ken Taylor