Calculating GSM Wavelength in Salt Water

Thanks Jeff. Good info. As you suggest, the lower figure does not applying if you are walking around.

At least we know you are not one of those who sleeps with their cell phone under their pillow, or carries it in their bra.

Given the variety of responses so far though, I am still wondering this.

What is the _dominant_ determining factor of resonant wavelength for a 900MHz signal when passing through a container of salt water ... dielectric constant, conductivity or refractive index?

IOW what is the correct multiplier? Anyone?

Robert Wade

Reply to
Robert Wade

Or to keep the dolphins from humping it.

Robert Wade

Reply to
Robert Wade

The sonobouys I worked on were passive. There are active towed arrays.

Reply to
miso

Pic related:

Matt Roberds