bumper sticker

TALK NERDY TO ME

--

John Larkin Highland Technology, Inc picosecond timing precision measurement

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com

What's a job like that pay?

--

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

Is there an electronics equivalent for the term "brogrammer" - a programmer who goes out to bars and desperately tries to conceal that he does a nerdy job and pretends like he's a baller or works in finance or something?

Sadly, that's probably me...

--

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

Not around here. Geek is hip.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Yet, their universe revolves around Apple. They just don't understand where it came from.

Reply to
Tom Del Rosso

They understand perfectly well where it came from, it's just not a universe they want to be associated with, for reasons of class/status/coolness.

80k+ cars are as common as chips around here...could 90% of the drivers explain to you the principles of operation of their vehicle, or even change a flat tire? Of course not. Such things are beneath them.
--

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

Building electronics and writing code is "labor." The aristocraticy isn't down with "labor." Avoiding that stuff is why they got their masters in political science.

--

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

"Tech savvy" means that they can download and play phone apps and use Twitter.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

I see that here, Fumbling with phones all day. And some guys don't take the job if they can't get internet access.

Martin Riddle

Guess I'm not tech savvy then... George H.

Reply to
George Herold

I do have a new phone (android/goggle/ trakphone) it's got apps and a camera, and it's much easier to text my daughter now. GH

Reply to
George Herold

Me neither. I swapped stories at breakfast this morning. I found a phone in the road at a stop sign. I couldn't get into the address book so I thought I'd wait till it rang. It rang, I didn't know how to answer it. I had to ask someone that used a smart phone and wait for the next call. One of the other guys wife was given a phone, she got it setup with a card. They were setting a the table when it rang, neither one could figure out how to answer it. My flip phone is fine.

Mikek

Reply to
amdx

Yep, texting from my flip phone is a PITA.

Mikek

Reply to
amdx

My son bought me the phone for x-mas, ~$50-60 I think. I pay $100 a year to tachphone. (excuse my spelling mistakes) I can connect via wifi, which is free internet in my world. The camera is OK.. it likes a lot of light... (big surprise) And yeah flip it sideways and you get a key pad that it not impossible.. I have small hands.

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

You get to kiss his ass >:-} ...Jim Thompson

I carry my phone (hot spot) with me. I don't use their Internet for personal business. Big brother *is* listening.

Reply to
krw

Telepmone tech support? less than the other kind of telepnone service I expect.

--
  \_(?)_
Reply to

Whenever I try to explain what I do it ends up

"so you work in IT"?

:(

--

John Devereux
Reply to

that's a painful concept. You must learn to lose all respect for fashion.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

When I used to say I design chips, they'd look at me funny and say, "_Potato_chips?"

So I've taken to saying "microchips", and now they say, "You design computers?" :-(

So now, at cocktail parties, I'm just "retired"... it's too much work to try to communicate with the ignorati. ...Jim Thompson