Brother MFC dead after power cycle?

Mine is several years old, but also on the original cartridge, though it's down to claiming ~300 pages to go.

Some years back you may recall I had a problem with Dell. The PC I had them ship directly to my father wouldn't boot up.

After much run-a-round with "English-speaking next available agents" I did some snooping, determined the VP of "support's" direct street address, sent him a FedEx Letter.

Said some of my usual "kind words" ;-)

Next day they sent a technician to Huntington, WV, to my father's house to fix it.

And this will really get you... it wouldn't boot because the hard-drive they stuck in it, and obviously didn't test, had Win95 as the OS :-(

I'll watch or it ;-)

...Jim Thompson

[snip]

^^---------- should be "for"

Looks like this keyboard needs replacing ;-)

...Jim Thompson

| 1962 | I love to cook with wine Sometimes I even put it in the food

Hey, free WiFi at Sky Harbor-- (surprisingly) civilized. ;-)

Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

Sky Harbor is a big money-maker for PHX.

...Jim Thompson

has one buried inside,

*really* wants to get at it.

get confused. For this

the current &^@%$!!

It is a real one on the PSU case, and i open the PSU to see to it that it is real. The TV and the Stereo both have standby switches (IR remotes).

Reply to
JosephKK

has one buried inside,

*really* wants to get at it.

get confused. For this

like the current &^@%$!!

Ah, some (most?) PSUs don't even have that. Do you actually use it?

Damned little has real power switches anymore.

Reply to
krw

Just want to report that it repaired itself, after lots of power cycling that I had to do to move probes around. Weird, really weird. Now if I knew where the uC reset is I could probably fix it for good. But all it says on the uC is "Concordia LJ9899001", no logo, totally unknown brand. Shows up on some Asian sites but without any useful information.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

The printer was only temporarily Californicated ?:-)

...Jim Thompson

With all this hope and change, all you need is a dab of mayonaisse
and you\'ll have a tasty lunch.

Thinkpad has one buried inside,

*really* wants to get at it.

get confused. For this

like the current &^@%$!!

It is a selection criteria. Yes, to take a unit fully out of service for whatever reason, usually HW upgrades.

Yup.

Reply to
JosephKK

Come to think of it, hmm, it began to work just after the budget was passed. A tax increase :-(

But it's dark gray, not blue.