Breakdown voltage

First time I saw this, it was a power-on reset circuit. RC from the supply, emitter follower, schmitt trigger TTL gate. It oscillated so hard it never pulled the gate input up. Looked like a pretty good 100 MHz sine wave. We added a 39 ohm gate resistor, because I always liked the color codes on a 39 ohm resistor.

lunatic fringe electronics
Reply to
jlarkin

That is a feature, it's called VHF-Thevenin :-)

This can also happen when people place 74AUP and similar logic but use

70's style layout techniques with two-layer and GND islands.
--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to