Brainwaves

I've always wanted to play around with brainwaves. How hard is it to make electrodes/sensors for this? A simple darlington will do the trick? Obviously I just need some basic signal and nothing perfect.

Reply to
Jon Slaughter

You'll need an EEG amplifier. A few years ago I played with this gadget:

To get this up and running:

Unfortunately we ran out of time because the BCI2000 program was buggy.

Happy reading...

nico@nctdevpuntnl (punt=.)
Nico Coesel

How do you jump from sensors to a a transistor circuit configuration? You skipped about 12 paragraphs explaining the from there to here.

Yeah but where are you gonna get the brain? /Too easy

Reply to
a7yvm109gf5d1

Won't be using mine.

Reply to
Abbey Somebody

Cloth covered silver foil electrodes and a dilute saline solution will do it well enough. Big problems are ac mains pickup twin-T reject filter, low frequency 1/f noise in semiconductors and then selecting the brainwave frequencies you want to monitor.

For obvious reasons you want the entire thing battery powered.

There are a toys around that monitor brainwaves alpha for relaxation and eyes open theta for Jedi levitation tricks. I think they have mastered dry contact electrodes but you will need all the signal you can get.

Regards, Martin Brown

Reply to
Martin Brown

He said the brain didn't have to be perfect... That means he has one already!

Reply to
PeterD

Perhaps you will find some inspiration here:

Cool links for aspiring physicists, from a Nobel laureate:
http://www.phys.uu.nl/~thooft/theorist.html
Reply to
Martin Montonion

Also:

and search for: "circuit cellar" "computers on the brain"

And page 27 of Issue 27 (June/July 1992) of Circuit Cellar Ink, Page 76 for: "From the Bench?Computers on the Brain (revisited), by Jeff Bachiochi"

--Winston

Reply to
Winston

Fairly vague on the "technical details", but an interesting application:

Ecnerwal

Firstly, you will need a brain.

durable; the other is a cheaper thing, but the moths get into it."
                                             (Stephen Leacock)
Reply to
Fred Abse

...Jim Thompson

| 1962 | The only thing bipartisan in this country is hypocrisy

And where would I get one of those? I can't seem to find one in this forum... Maybe you know someone?

Reply to
Jon Slaughter

What a tell! You obviously lack one.

Reply to
Archimedes' Lever

You need a balanced input amplifier so that you can read the voltage between two nearby points without being swamped by interference. A high quality op-amp can do it marginally well. Run three wires from you to the amp: ground, - input, + input. If your op-amp isn't balanced correctly you'll hear radio stations and AC hum. Start with the wires on your arm because you'll get a very strong signal from the muscles there when you clench your fist. It will sound like rain if you send it to an amplified speaker.

Kevin McMurtrie