Bicycle Cable Transducers

I have emailed to spaceagecontrols.com:

Hi.

Has anyone previously solved the problem of bicycle brake and shifter cable position and tension transducers?

I'd hate to reinvent that, but that's what I need for the MOEPED (Mobile Experimental Physics Educational Demonstrator), a model of a dual-use electric bicycle for the Army. Four analog inputs of 0-5 V or

0-50 mv, with 5VDC supply available from a NI USB-6008.

I've looked for slide pots, strain gages, etc, but found your company by searching at Google.com for "position transducers".

If you have any thoughts about not reinventing this particular wheel, please post.

Doug Goncz Replikon Research Seven Corners, VA 22044-0394

Reply to
The Dougster