HELP! Searching for research participants

Hi,

my name is Peter, I am a social scientist from Frankfurt, Germany. Right now I am starting the research for my PhD thesis =84Engineers and work in global design networks of the semiconductor industry=93. I want to study how international teamwork is affecting the work of engineers, what kind of dynamics are being triggered on the level of skill sets and required qualifications. Besides pure analysis I would like to contribute to a better regulation of innovation offshoring in the semiconductor industry.

One idea of the PhD thesis is to compare the situation between engineers in developed countries like Germany, France, USA and engineers in developing countries like the Czech Republic, Romania, Armenia, India and China. As for the developing countries I want to focus mostly on Eastern Europe because it is oftentimes overseen in the academic and public discussions about innovation offshoring.

Methodically my research will focus on interviews with experts =96 i.e. R&D engineers and IC designers, R&D and project managers, HR managers, academic lecturers and also representatives of professional associations. As you probably can imagine getting in touch with engineers will be the most difficult task, as going the official way always requires approval of management, who is sometimes not very happy to let the engineers speek with social scientists (at least these are my experiences). This does not mean that I will not try to go the official way, but as groups and forums are an important communication platform for engineers, I decided to also try it through this more informal channel.

The most important thing: ALL INFORMATIONS GATHERED IN MY RESEARCH WILL BE TREATED WITH FULL CONFIDENTIALITY AND WILL BE PUBLISHED ONLY AFTER A THOROUGH ANONYMISATION! NO PERSONAL NAMES OR COMPANY NAMES WILL EVER GET PUBLISHED. This data will also not be used for any commercial use.

I am looking for engineers from semiconductor companies that would be willing to conduct an interview with me (about 1-1,5h). Either through Skype/AIM, or in case I could arrange some interviews from one company I would be very willing to travel. I am mostly interested in interviewing engineers that work in international design/development teams scattered around the world. In case you do not fit this profile exactly but would be interested in talking with me on this matter, I would be of course interested. If you know somebody that would be interesting for me, I would be very thankfull if you would forward him my request!

Please feel free to ask further questions! On request I can provide more information in form of my PhD thesis abstract as well as a interview guide.

I would appreciate any help!

bye peter

Reply to
peter pawlicki