Ballistic Deflection Transistor

Interesting article.

John - KD5YI

In message , dated Tue, 29 Aug 2006, John

- KD5YI writes

Even including a picture of Eeyore!

2006 is YMMVI- Your mileage may vary immensely.

John Woodgate

I like the way that every decade or so someone reinvents an optical switch, which is then followed by the ritual incantations about how optical computers 'in the future' will be 'thousands of times faster' than electronic ones. I've certainly been reading that for at least 30 years. Google 'transphasor'.

--
Dirk

http://www.onetribe.me.uk/ - The UK\'s only occult talk show
Presented by Dirk Bruere and Marc Power on ResonanceFM
Reply to
Dirk Bruere at NeoPax

looks like a vacuum device.

Colin =^.^=

Reply to
colin

Hello John,

What if that electron gets a concussion? Does it have health insurance?

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com
Reply to
Joerg

Indeed, it doesn't look far from vacuum state, except the flow isn't stopped (not much difference, the electrons inside the control grid are only moving a few eV either way).

Vacuum state of course has been known to operate at a mess of frequencies, particularly with quirky, specific designs (TWT, klystron, etc.). Seems to me they just scaled down the triode.

Which reminds me, when am I going to get my TO-247 packaged, nanotube field-emission triodes?

Tim

--
Deep Fryer: a very philosophical monk.
Tim Williams