Autocad viewer

Any suggestions for a decent one for casual use?

John

Anything wrong with going to the horse's ***(**)?

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

DWG Trueview 2008....

Reply to
TT_Man

I haven't tried it, much, but Irfanview covers this format. Be sure to download the plug ins file.

Regards,

John Popelish
Reply to
John Popelish

Apparently the latest Acad viewer has better printing support. But I use CMS Intellicad, great knockoff.

Martin Riddle

"TrustedDWG functionality identifies DWG files that were not last saved by an Autodesk or RealDWG? software licensee product."

Does it refuse to view them?

Solidworks has "eDrawings" that claims to view most anything. That seems to work for the autocad stuff, except that it insists on white lines on a black background. I suppose I can live with that.

John

On the advice of a newsgroup poster I bought an older version of DesignCad-3D because a new client had all schematics done in AutoCad. That way I can mark up things. They still have it, ten bucks:

Now they also carry the newer v17 release, supposedly with better AutoCad compatibility although I never had any problems with v15:

3D looks cool but for me this stuff is way overkill.
--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

Try Google for "Volo View"

Reply to
mpm

Hey, they still offer it. It's a 95 megabyte download!

John

Yeah, that's what I use (and all my use is casual). I'm rather behind on the updates but whatever I have in the office works well enough on most ACAD formats.

There's a bit of muddle surrounding the CADview plugin for Irfanview. The download points to:

which is listed as shareware. However, the Cadsoft web page points to:

which lists the Irfanview plugins as free for home use, but costs up to $19 for commercial use. Presumably, this is commercial so it's not free.

Also, you might wanna look at some of the other plugin viewers for Irfanview. I get quite a few EPS Postscript files that need a viewer.

--
Jeff Liebermann     jeffl@cruzio.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com

Not at all, it just warns you (and you can tell it not to do that ever again, or to go ahead this time and warn you again). I tried it on a file created by export from a SW drawing.

The Autodesk program works fine, though the 'plot' (print) interface is just like the Autocad program itself (you have to define a window or whatever and so on). It's a fairly large download (200M-ish). Prints black lines on a plain background. ;-)

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

| >>Any suggestions for a decent one for casual use? | >>

| >>John | >

| >Anything wrong with going to the horse's ***(**)? | >

| >Best regards, | >Spehro Pefhany | | | "TrustedDWG functionality identifies DWG files that were not last | saved by an Autodesk or RealDWG? software licensee product." | | Does it refuse to view them? | | Solidworks has "eDrawings" that claims to view most anything. That | seems to work for the autocad stuff, except that it insists on white | lines on a black background. I suppose I can live with that. | | John | |

eDrawing in Solidworks is a version of CMS intellicad.

Martin Riddle

This is slightly off target from what you want but:

I use a converter that converts *.dwg into *.dxf format and then open the file with QCad. QCad has a very nice interface to printing.

Reply to
MooseFET

Late at night, by candle light, John Larkin penned this immortal opus:

- YD.

--
Remove HAT if replying by mail.
Reply to