Attainable PWM accuracy?

You could also ask ED to fix their broken links.

--
 Thanks,
    - Win

On Oct 17, 2019, George Herold wrote (in article):

Not that I recall, but he has published recently, so it should be possible to contact him:

.

I had no problem with the original link.

Joe Gwinn

Reply to
Joseph Gwinn

On Saturday, 12 October 2019 05:15:10 UTC+8, Lasse Langwadt Christensen wr ote:

om

ly

CU

put

so

, anyway?

ease

but

on

The TI trick to get 180ps PWM resolution on some of their MCUs is interesti ng.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Reply to
speff

very MCU. Then you could design the hardware you need rather than trying t o fit the design into the limited hardware available.

Is there a way to "+1" this reply? :) I just finished a product that required a 24-hour timer under certain condi tions, while it was doing its other normal functions. No big deal I guess; a timer interrupt and some registers, with some care and attention to not spending too much time in the interrupt service routine.

But at 8-bits? 24 hours is a lot of counting! :)

Reply to
mpm

We just built an 8-hour timer into an FPGA to ignore triggers after one working day, and so prevent the customer from using our code (un-paid-for demo code) in a real production machine. People wouldn't like their 24/7 fab lines to shut down every 8 hours.

40 MHz clock, took a bunch of bits.

lunatic fringe electronics
Reply to
jlarkin