Asbestos in electronic components

Any idea why spray-painting reduces acoustic insulation? Interesting, intuitively it would seem the opposite (what was that earlier comment I made about common sense? :-).

Ken

Reply to
Ken Taylor

made

Seems to me it would tend to stiffen and add mass, particularly if it's a kind of paint that tends to make a crunchy, hard coating.

As such, it should reduce high frequency attenuation the most.

Tim

Tim Williams

Keerect! The paint makes the once-soft surface to smooth and somewhat hard.

...Jim Thompson

     It\'s what you learn, after you know it all, that counts.

Here is a quote from a paper which is written to _support_ the continuing uses of chrysotile asbestos:

"All types of asbestos, if inhaled at sufficient doese, can cause the three main serious health disorders: asbestosis, lung cancer, and mesothelioma."

Reply to
Richard Henry

years

theater

anything

And removers.

Reply to
Richard Henry

[snip]

Yep!

...Jim Thompson

| 1962 | It's what you learn, after you know it all, that counts.

Makes sense. Cheers.

Ken

Reply to
Ken Taylor