Anyone with semiconductor bandstructure calculation experience ?

All you electronics gurus here, anyone with band structure calculation experience ? I have written a set of C and Python programs to do these types of calculations, and would like to ask a few questions about the results I am getting.

Reply to
amal banerjee

Electronic designers seldom get involved with device physics. We buy parts and connect them to one another. That's a few steps up the abstraction stack from the physics.

I seem to run into people here in the Phoenix, AZ area once in a while that had jobs in the semiconductor industry and seem to know about these things. Old physics majors, etc. Sorry I don't have a list or know how to get a hold of them, really. Not sure they even program though ?

boB

Reply to
boB

Amazing. Is there any way to award these ancient Babylonian physicists|scientists with a physics Nobel to recognize their knowledge about structure of matter, even before Newton formally started the field of physics ?

Reply to
amal banerjee

Their solid state expertise centered on clay tablets, which they were super great at.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

Reply to
Phil Hobbs

WOW. Those calculations are equivalent to hybridizing orbitals to model all the bonding in 3D solid materials, and get rather complex (as well as tricky, since a small amount of impurities makes experimental results mismatch what the theory says). It's usually a supercomputer application, though one example, the Kronig-Penney model, can be useful as a lecture-hall introduction to the process.

Aside from using the K-P as a test case, any deep knowledge is going to take a good library search.

Reply to
whit3rd