Anyone know of a design for a -simple-tunable- low distortion sine wave oscillator (audio frequency range)

so

nt

Have you ever tried to make a 'clean' oscillator? It's a lot of fun. And once you have you may develope a new respect for the lowly light bulb. They make nice loads too.

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

gurations

ility to

a 2 x 12

ally ugly

re the

of

-sources

m.

n 8038

now..

er, LUT

et who

less

gital

l and

nted

in

e quoted text -

light

Oh, I was thinking about this the other day. Do you take your 'signal' from the output of the opamp? If you pick off the signal, with another opamp, from the non-inverting input you get another ~10dB of harmonic reduction from a single RC stage.

(Not quite sure of how much it's reduced right at 'resonance' so to speak, but I think it's 10dB.)

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

ons

12

gly

es

Any idea of getting the sort of specs you're looking for from an 8038 is wildly optimistic. Those things are a car crash.

NT

Reply to
Tabby

figurations

ability to

.

ose

ng a 2 x 12

am

really ugly

here the

e of

nd-sources

xim.

ion 8038

it now..

nter, LUT

rget who

er less

ld

digital

ata

rol and

y)

ointed

ht in

ide quoted text -

saw

ith

uld

a light

?

ers

so

Hmm is this only 3dB?

Reply to
George Herold

configurations

x 12

ugly

second-sources

LUT

quoted text -

Sorry all - I've been a bit distracted. I'll get back to you all in a day or two - thanks for many good ideas to try / think about

Reply to
David Eather