Any Tesla driver here?

He apparently propositioned a woman. I'm sure none of the guys here would ever do anything so evil.

The alleged incident was in 2018. Within 48 hours of becoming a Republican, the scandal is public.

Reply to
jlarkin

No, I don't tend to characterize any type of consensual human sexual relations as "evil" or care what people do in the privacy of their own homes, it's not my business in a fine free country such as this. It seems though there is some question as to whether he "exposed himself" or not, and whether this exposure came before or after the other party did or did not agree to it.

If the other party answered in the affirmative to the exposure after it and/or whatever activities were proposed then I surely have no problem with this.

I certainly wouldn't defend an employee who'd only worked for me for 48 hours without all the facts I know that, but political affiliation is somewhat different situation I guess..

Reply to
bitrex

She knew she would be giving him a full-body massage, and was being paid to do it.

His behavior was tasteless and pathetic, but legal and fairly predictable.

She got a quarter megabuck for an hour's work. Probably now more for selling her story.

Reply to
jlarkin

Cool feature:

bitrex

Yeah, I guess Musk knew it was coming so knew he needed to get in front of it by switching to a group he knew he could get support from.

Reply to
Ricky

I like this reply,

"Pictures like this wouldn’t be available if elon owned @Twitter"

LOL

Reply to
Ricky

There's your problem right there.

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

TurdSipper Dumb snipped-for-privacy@notformail.com wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

TurdSipper Dumb is becoming far too stupid. Not that he wasn't dirt dumb his entire, pathetic life. Must have been all those fake princely encounters he spent his life bragging about as if it provided some further up notch in existence.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

I had a V70 Volvo that kept locking me out of it for no apparent reason. Computer scan by the main dealer showed no fault present or logged. I could see it would one day let me down late at night in a thunderstorm so got rid of it. Best decision I ever made was to never have another modern car ever again. I only drive vintage stuff now.

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

What will you do when there's only 1 of 10 gas stations left because nearly everyone is driving BEVs? Well, that's not until 2040, so maybe none of us will be around and s.e.d. is long gone too.

Reply to
Ricky

TurdSipper Dumb snipped-for-privacy@notformail.com wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

I'll bet the Volvo was never able to unsee your visage and probably drove itself off a cliff.

Instead of Miss Daisy, you drive Rosy Palm and her five sisters. Vintage stuff indeed. Bloody hilarious.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Yeah. I may have saved the life of a co-worker who wanted a Tesla for the self-driving bit, and was totally overestimating the capability of Teslas to handle unexpected situations, ones for which it was never programmed or trained, when I provided a few accident reports plus my analysis of what had fooled the Tesla, destroying his trust in the autopilot.

The basic problem is that the current technology of understanding a visual scene is quite immature, being far less capable that of almost any vertebrate animal.

The Neuroscience folk have figured out a good bit of it, but their algorithms require implementation of hyperdimensional associative memory of specific kinds, which we can only simulate clumsily on modern computers (no matter how many cores et al), and cannot implement in any form suitable for following a scene fast enough to guide an automobile at 190 mph (regularly achieved on the German autobahn).

Joe Gwinn

Reply to
Joe Gwinn

It would seem that your friend, like yourself seems to think the autopilot is autonomous, it's not. It's not intended to be autonomous. Tesla warns you in every way possible to pay attention as if you were driving while using the autopilot. I don't think they could do much more to alert people to the fact that autopilot is simply a driving aid, not a substitute for a mentally capable driver.

The autopilot is very nice. I often find myself trying to double tap the cruise control which my Kia doesn't have. :(

Reply to
Ricky

probably a mistake to call it autopilot..

Reply to
Lasse Langwadt Christensen

Pretty much the same thing really. You don't put on autopilot in a plane and go walking around the cabin. It simply flies the plane. It doesn't avoid or handle all situations. It just flies the plane better than a human can in normal conditions. That much is true of the Tesla autopilot.

The problem is people don't understand what autopilot does in an airplane. So in that sense, yeah, maybe a bad choice of names.

Reply to
Ricky

That would have been the anti-social twit detector.

No point in telling a customer that he isn't the kind of driver they want in control of their cars.

More likely drive you off a high cliff at speed. You managed to get rid of it before it succeeded in getting rid of you. Pity.

No anti-lock braking system? There's hope for us yet.

Reply to
Anthony William Sloman

In message-id <t6nt3e$7bp$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me

posted Thu, 26 May 2022

12:50:54 -0000 (UTC) John Dope stated:

Yet, since Wed, 5 Jan 2022 04:10:38 -0000 (UTC) John Dope's post ratio to USENET (**) has been 59.0% of its posts contributing "nothing except insults" to USENET.

** Since Wed, 5 Jan 2022 04:10:38 -0000 (UTC) John Dope has posted at least 1550 articles to USENET. Of which 165 have been pure insults and 749 have been John Dope "troll format" postings.

The Troll Doe stated the following in message-id <sdhn7c$pkp$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me:

And the Troll Doe stated the following in message-id <sg3kr7$qt5$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me:

And yet, the clueless Troll Doe has itself posted yet another incorrectly formatted USENET posting on Sat, 4 Jun 2022 17:10:52 -0000 (UTC) in message-id <t7g3mr$m3d$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me.

WFipOboodwR7

Reply to
Edward Hernandez

In message-id <t6nt3e$7bp$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me

posted Thu, 26 May 2022

12:50:54 -0000 (UTC) John Dope stated:

Yet, since Wed, 5 Jan 2022 04:10:38 -0000 (UTC) John Dope's post ratio to USENET (**) has been 59.0% of its posts contributing "nothing except insults" to USENET.

** Since Wed, 5 Jan 2022 04:10:38 -0000 (UTC) John Dope has posted at least 1553 articles to USENET. Of which 165 have been pure insults and 752 have been John Dope "troll format" postings.

The John Doe troll stated the following in message-id <sdhn7c$pkp$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me:

And the John Doe troll stated the following in message-id <sg3kr7$qt5$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me:

And yet, the clueless John Doe troll has continued to post incorrectly formatted USENET articles that are devoid of content (latest example on Sat, 4 Jun 2022 19:56:27 -0000 (UTC) in message-id <t7gddb$qs2$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me).

NOBODY likes the John Doe troll's contentless spam.

This posting is a public service announcement for any google groups readers who happen by to point out that John Doe does not even follow the rules it uses to troll other posters.

CnvDlmpW0M5X

Reply to
Edward Hernandez

Dick's like John Doe and Cursitor Doom do try to present a united front - rather like right and left buttocks, though far right and lunatic right bums might be closer to the mark. Flyguy would sit between them.

Reply to
Anthony William Sloman