Any Keithley 150B owners?

Hi,

Someone at ebay who is selling a Keithley 150B meter wrote,

Quote,

--- I don't know if this instrument has a problem or just needs calibrated but here is what I found, with no probes the needle will climb as the range is dialed from 100 millivolts down to .3 microvolts. At .3 microvolts the needle is pegged. If you would like to call us to get a more clear description of the testing you can reach us at

304-489-2226. and any info you can give us is apreciated.

---

Does such behavior sound normal? Perhaps there's a lot of RF noise in their warehouse. Note this is analog meter. So the 0.3 uV setting is full scale range. Over the phone he said the need pegs and the zero adjust knob does not fix it. Also he said nothing was plugged into the meters input. I asked him to short the input, so I'll see what happens.

Does anyone think it's broken or could be easily fix?

Thanks, Paul Lowrance

Reply to
Paul