Answer: Transformer, Girl Running for bus

The transformer only has one bobbin'.

Jim

Reply to
RST Engineering (jw)

Not necessarily...

R core transformers have two separate bobbins.

Ross Herbert

I read in sci.electronics.design that "RST Engineering (jw)" wrote (in ) about 'Answer: Transformer, Girl Running for bus', on Fri, 8 Apr 2005:

No, many transformers these days have two. It makes meeting safety requirements much easier. They may be side-by-side or one inside the other.

'What is a Moebius strip?'
John Woodgate

So true. Cute things aren't they. Have you used them too ?

Graham

Pooh Bear

If you're going to be that pedantic then R cores have 4 bobbins. One on each limb and each assembly is comprised of 2 piece parts with clearances.

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear

I read in sci.electronics.design that Pooh Bear wrote (in ) about 'Answer: Transformer, Girl Running for bus', on Sat, 9 Apr 2005:

Nah. One part is a bob and the other is a bin. Obvious.

'What is a Moebius strip?'
John Woodgate

Not if it's a three limb transformer.

-- "Electricity is of two kinds, positive and negative. The difference is, I presume, that one comes a little more expensive, but is more durable; the other is a cheaper thing, but the moths get into it." (Stephen Leacock)

Reply to
Fred Abse

I read in sci.electronics.design that Rich The Newsgropup Wacko wrote (in ) about 'Answer: Transformer, Girl Running for bus', on Sat, 9 Apr 2005:

If you mean me, that should be Doctor Pedant, if you please!

'What is a Moebius strip?'
John Woodgate

10^12 apologies, Doctor. :-)
--