another revelation

Mo and I just realized that although we have over 100 years of combined experience on this planet, we have never seen nuns eating at a restaurant.

John

Nuns don't generally wear habits anymore, they wear plain vanilla female clothing.

When I resided in MA I saw them out and about all the time. Same in WV when I was a kid. I tutored a lot of kids from the Catholic schools ;-)

...Jim Thompson

Jim Thompson typed in news:// snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com,

I bet they needed it. We had the same science textbook in 8th grade as in

6th grade. We went over the same chapters too. The nuns thought they were doing a great job.

Catholic girls are getting better at defending their virginity though.

Reply in group, but if emailing add another
zero, and remove the last word.
Reply to
Tom Del Rosso

How? By shooting the nuns ?:-)

...Jim Thompson

I had a great aunt who was a nun. I can't remember her at a restaurant, but certainly at the dinner table in her habit. She was smart and funny, unlike the mean penguinesque nuns I've heard of that terrorize children.

Ever seen a woman with a veil eating at a restaurant? Part of the covering is removable for discreet chowing down of grub.

How about baby pigeons? (*googles*) Apparently they're like some human kids, they don't leave the (well hidden) nest until they're virtually fully grown. Maybe they're so stupid that it's the only way they can survive.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

Mo grew up Catholic and has stories. If she was late for class, she had to kneel for 15 minutes on rice. That sure sounds like it inspires devotion.

John

Hello John,

Nah, discipline. Probably off limits now. When we were too noisy in class we got the whipping. There was that 5ft long flexible ruler, usually for math classes but it had a dual purpose. Didn't break my ego or anything else. Lederhosen would muffle things quite well :-)

Anyway, for some reason many of the really good US born engineers I have worked with came from Jesuit high schools. Don't know why, just an observation.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com
Reply to
Joerg

--
Yeah, if it\'s overcooked it\'s real hard to get out of your
stockings.

You wear stockings?

John

No, I cook rice.
Reply to
John Fields

Has she also strayed? Before or after your influence?

Reminds me of the old story about the kid who was a terror at every school until they sent him to a Catholic school. On his way in on the 1st day he passed a full-size crucifix and said to himself, "Hey, these folks don't screw around".

Reply to
JeffM

Me too. I like the jasmine kind, $2.75 for a 5-pound bag in Chinatown.

I'll ask Mo if the nuns let her cook it first.

John

Sure makes you sure not to be late ;-)

That's why I use (tiling) knee pads just for getting down and adjusting the sprinklers.

...Jim Thompson

One of my sons-in-law went to a Jesuit law school... tough-ass place!

...Jim Thompson

Hello Jim,

Yes, but that's a whole lot better than some other schools where hardly anyone cares about truancy or where discipline seems optional. Discipline also means self-discipline and you can clearly see that in the very organzied way those engineers typically work.

If school and/or parents didn't instill that the only remaining hope is the military. Our guys learned discipline from the drill sergeant in boot camp, and fast. But not everybody joins the forces so by the time they are past 16 it may be too late.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com
Reply to
Joerg

Yeah, surgical support stockings, so I can walk. It takes up to a half hour to put a pair of them on and get them pulled up to my upper thighs. If I have to leave the house, I have to listen to idiots who make stupid comments about them. I'd like to tie one around their throats, at times. How some dumbass can confuse a prescription medical item with woman's clothing is beyond me.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Yeah - torture the weak and helpless - that's the Guaranteed Path to Heaven, right?

Thanks, Rich for further information, please visit

Rich the Philosophizer