Announcement: Spice Models for TC4421/TC4422 posted on my website...

Announcement: Spice Models for TC4421/TC4422 posted on my website...

See TC4421-TC4422.zip on the Device Models & Subcircuits Page of my website.

This behavioral modeling post is for announcement purposes only.

To submit questions or comments, or to request assistance, please use the envelope icon (at top of my home page).

To avoid spam filtering, follow the instructions carefully. ...Jim Thompson

| 1962 |

Thinking outside the box... producing elegant solutions, by understanding what nature is hiding.

How do they differ from what the manufacturer supplies here:?

djlocher56

you have to click "view datasheet" and then the spice model is available

Reply to
djlocher56

My version converges and runs on LTspice. The Microchip version hangs on LTspice. ...Jim Thompson

     Thinking outside the box... producing elegant solutions,
              by understanding what nature is hiding.

"It is not in doing what you like, but in liking what you do that
is the secret of happiness."  -James Barrie

Elaborating:

I got into the Spice modeling business several years ago when I had a need for a model of a chip that a client wanted me to design an interface to. No model existed, so I rolled my own. That turned into a hobby... amusing myself by how compactly I could model the essence of an OpAmp... often as little as one to two lines in a subcircuit.

The hobby has now become a business, nearly 80% of my workload... great, because the chip business has migrated to needing only very low power analog interfaces into digital processing :-( Which interfaces I design for a number of small medically-oriented chip houses.

As for what I announced here... I don't pick part numbers out of the air... how could I know what people need? Like most of the models on my Device Models & Subcircuits Page this was from a post on the LTspice List... nobody could get the Microchip model to run on LTspice... so I took that as a challenge... and succeeded ;-)

Most of what I'm doing now isn't so simple... humongous complicated functions where companies need to present a model that doesn't divulge their IP, yet simulates smoothly on ALL platforms.

Inquiries welcome ;-) ...Jim Thompson

     Thinking outside the box... producing elegant solutions,
              by understanding what nature is hiding.

"It is not in doing what you like, but in liking what you do that
is the secret of happiness."  -James Barrie

Timestep too small, before even completing a rising edge. Occurs even at embarassingly loose settings (ABSTOL, CHGTOL = 1u). XSPICE.

Tim

-- Seven Transistor Labs, LLC Electrical Engineering Consultation and Contract Design Website:

Tim Williams

Here's an interesting one:

Small tweaks to initial timestep make big differences! Extreme sensitivity.

Oldish version of LTspice4 (Mar 5 2015) because I don't care about updating.

For other conditions, some traces continue plotting, while some stop in their tracks. What the hell is that about?

Regarding input clamp: the original model actually does that? Holy /f*ck/!

Tim

-- Seven Transistor Labs, LLC Electrical Engineering Consultation and Contract Design Website:

Tim Williams

Yes. If that gives heartburn, set PARAM CLAMP=0.

I had no problem at all running on LTspice IV, but I always use "Alternate Solver". ...Jim Thompson