analog data link, with 6 to 12kV isolation

Strange... to me this *IS* simple. Worrying about jitter, DC coupling and duty cycle distortion sound messy and overly complicated to me.

--

  Rick C.

  -- Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
Rick C

Hi, Win -

Would a Bluetooth link work?

John

Reply to
John S

As I had mentioned before, read the fine print, in this case on page 2:

Quote "(2) UL recognition is for 16kV dc for one minute".

As is unfortunately customary these days I do not see a working voltage in the datasheet so you'd have to get that from the manufacturer, preferably in writing.

I'd either PW-modulate it or send it across a barrier via RF carrier (FM-modulated). The barrier could be a loopp antenna setup on both sides or maybe a fiber.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

=1

Self-contained near field magnetic induction channels have come into their own. Power consumption looks a lot better than achievable with optical. And the 12kV isolation is well within its range. SNR specs shown below support 12-bit resolution with 20dB to spare and they have plenty of bandwidth for your application. Unfortunately some programming is required.

Not at all sure about external field immunity and your application. Maybe b etter to stick with technology you're familiar with.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

An unshielded drum core inductor is a damned fine magnetic field sprayer.

Put one on each side of a PCB maybe.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

When you're generating ions, which might indicate conduction in the medium, an inductive coupling through that medium is ... dicey, to say the least.

Reply to
whit3rd