American War Doco

I'm not a great fan of American documentaries on American War efforts, but I found this one which I could only describe as excelent (on Netflix plus elsewhere no doubt)

Ken Burns: The War

There are some small quibbles like (only a couple of times) putting the US first where other countries were the major contributor to the operation and splicing in footage of other nationality's units in a particular battle being discussed but not acknowledging their contribution at all (even if they were the major contributor)

But in general, excellent.

Reply to
David Eather

They are starting that shit becauase more and more people are thinking we should have stayed out of it.

And there is more than one reason. One of which is the rise of the USSR.

Reply to
jurb6006

That one was mainly about how WWII was perceived at home. For the order of battle see the "Battlefield" series.

Reply to
Tom Del Rosso