Ambient Power Module

I am trying an experiment using the circuit below to power a 3V LCD digital clock.

The antenna is connected to one of the purlins of my metal garage. The ground is connected to the 110V wall socket ground pin.

However, the caps charge up MUCH better when I simply hold the ground wire from the module in my hand, eg. 3 or 4VDC this way as opposed to less than half a volt.

Is there a reason for this? Is my wall socket ground defective?

David White

Reply to
David White

Good point raised. I will try a vertical wire.

David

Reply to
David White

Being metal I would assume it would be grounded? even if you connected to a wooden purling that is supporting a metal roof or wall for example, the metal is still grounded.

that Is just an assumption on my part.

Jamie

Reply to
Jamie