AM modulation index

That's OK, Michael A. Just do like my Dear ol' Dad (RIP) used to tell me - Say, "I'm just considering the source."

You must be in a lot of pain, to be so angry all of the time. That's kind of sad.

Good Luck! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Well, there is such a thing as "acting like a grown-up", but, since this _is_ USENET, it's up to you to decide to play nice or not. :-)

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

On Sat, 25 Mar 2006 05:22:14 -0600, John Fields wrote: ...

Rich Grise, the Troll: 1 John Fields, the Feeder: 0

;-P

Cheers! Rich

--

Reply to
Rich Grise, but drunk

Wow, Rich, getting drunk in only one minute (between 2:42 PM and 2:43 PM) -- you've surpissed yourself.

Cheers,

Phil Hobbs

Reply to
Phil Hobbs

Yeah, well, at least I konw the difference!

Cheers! Rich

--
Reply to
Rich Grise, but drunk

Are you sure? The labels we used are also cheap, "printed" aluminium on a foil. just a coil and cap, no diode needed (even cheaper). This was from Checkpoint, which is a US based company.

The same as the stickertags: a resonant circuit. But the benefit of a real coil an cap is the higher Q, which makes the label easier to detect because the dip in the reeceiver is sharper. This means larger antenna distance too.

Yes, I designed the receiver part, especially the DSP side. But both systems, stickers and hardtags work the same way.

Meindert

Reply to
Meindert Sprang

Ah yes, the EchoMax. One strip vibrates in a low frequency bursting magnetic field. The mechanical ringing is detected. The other strip is magnetized in a bin for deactivation. It prevents ringing of the first strip.

Enother EM system works with hysteresis of a long narrow strip of amorpheous metal. (the transition though the hysteresis curve is detected as a sharp puls). Shorter strips of "normal" metal are magnetized during deactivation, saturating spots on the longer strip, magnetically cutting it into short pieces which do not exhibit the sharp hysteresis loop.

Meindert

Reply to
Meindert Sprang