ADR425 equiv with sink capabilities.

In a attempt to be clever I used this ref for making a floating negative ref voltage, without checking further than some datasheet internal drawing showing the output driver as an opamp.

Yes, I should have known better, but now I've something like:

.---------------. V+ -----|Vcc Vout |--------. | | | | | === | | GND | | | | | 0V | '---------------' | | +---------------> -Vref | .-. | | | | '-' | V-

with a ref. that can't sink the output current, so it doesn't work.

Anyone knowing a pin compatible substitution for the ADR425 (5V-MSOP8) able to sink current. This will avoid me a new PCB run.

--
Thanks,
Fred.

Similar to the data sheet Figure 47:

.---------------. V+ -----|Vcc Vout |-----. .-------. | | | | | | | --------- === | | \\ - + / GND | | \\ / | | \\ / | 0V | \\ / '---------------' | | | | | +---------------+-----> OUT

Of course it takes a really good OpAmp to maintain the accuracy :-(

...Jim Thompson

Jim Thompson a écrit :

Indeed, but I was trying to avoid that :-)

--
Thanks,
Fred.

In article , Fred Bartoli

Could you hack an ADR550 in there, as a two-terminal shunt reference between GND and -Vref?

--
Tony Williams.
Reply to